Terms & Conditions of Sale
- These terms of sale apply to all goods ordered through the Sony Centre website, and fulfilled by a Sony Centre, whose details are listed here.
- Any order placed by you for goods advertised on the Sony Centres website is an offer by you to purchase the goods selected in your order. No contract exists between you and the Sony Centre for the sale of any goods until we have received your order and accepted it (which we may do at our discretion).
- We will send you an order acknowledgment shortly after you place your order by e-mail, notifying you that we have received your order.
- The contract itself shall enter into force after the Sony Centre has accepted the Customer’s order in written or in text form ("Acceptance"), which shall occur at the latest by delivery of the goods. If we cannot accept your order (for example (but without limitation) because the goods are found to be unavailable) we will notify you by telephone or e-mail.
- In the event that, after we accept your order, we discover that the goods ordered are unavailable or that there was a pricing error on our website in respect of the goods ordered, we reserve the right not to supply the goods ordered and to offer you a refund or alternative goods in accordance with conditions set forth below under Description and Price of The Goods.
- The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see Your Right of Cancellation below).
- We have the right to terminate the contract if the price of the goods is not received from you in cleared funds (in accordance with Payment terms below).
- Sony Centres may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
- We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
- Sony Centres do not sell products for purchase by children on our website. If you are under 18, you may use the website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from this site unless expressly authorised by Sony Centres.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
Description & Price of The Goods
- The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the website at the time you place your order.
- If, after acceptance of your order we discover within 14 days of such acceptance that all of the goods are unavailable, we may terminate the contract and refund or re-credit you within 7 working days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for those goods. In these circumstances, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- If within 10 working days of our acceptance of your order we discover that some but not all of the goods are unavailable, the following provisions apply:
- In these circumstances we will contact you detailing the goods that are unavailable and offer you the option of cancelling the whole order or the part of the order that is not available to ship. If you choose not to cancel the products that are unavailable for immediate shipment these products will be put on back order for later delivery to you. If you have not cancelled the order in whole or in part within 1 day of receipt of such notice, we will deliver the available goods in accordance with Delivery terms below. We will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method in respect of the unavailable goods or cancelled order (if you have cancelled it).
- We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, occasionally, an error may occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will tell you and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it. E&OE.
- To avoid any doubt, where goods are unavailable and you order alternative goods from us, or where goods have been mis-priced and you subsequently order such goods at the correct price, these terms of sale shall apply to the order and the supply of the relevant goods, whether the order is placed through our websites or otherwise.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, details of which are clearly displayed on our website at the point that you place your order.
- It is our policy to have clear and transparent pricing at all times in accordance with Trading Standards guidelines and we reserve the right to change prices of products without notice. Please note the following regarding pricing on the Sony Centre website
- RRP meaning Recommended Retail Price as suggested by the manufacturers
- SRP meaning Suggested Retail Price as suggested by the manufacturers
- Our Price - The Current price of the product on Sony Centre website. This price may differ from the price in your local Sony Centre.
- Was Price – A previous selling price in one of the Sony Centres.
- VAT - All selling prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at 20%
In the event that you have any pricing queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be taken at the time of placing any order for delivery.
- No delivery will be made until cleared funds are received.
- Payments shall be made by you without any deduction whatsoever.
- The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order.
- Please confirm that you enter your correct and full address when placing your order. You must check the Delivery Address on any acknowledgement or acceptance we provide and notify us without delay of errors or omissions. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra costs arising from changes you make to the Delivery Address after you submit an order.
- All items destined for your delivery address will be shipped by a responsible courier with some form of delivery confirmation or tracking code, where possible. However, it is not possible to choose exactly which carrier we use for your order.
- If delivery cannot be made to your address for reasons under our control, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- If you fail to take delivery because you have cancelled your contract under the Distance Selling Regulations, the Sony Centre shall refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method for the goods. On exercising your right to cancel you shall be required to return the goods to the Sony Centre which supplied the goods. Should you fail to return the goods, we reserve the right to deduct any direct costs incurred in retrieving the goods as a result of such failure.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, we will inform you of any delay as soon as possible and will give you the option of cancelling your order at this point.
- Upon receipt of your order you may be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED". Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the goods shall not pass to you until the Sony Centre has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
- the goods, and
- all other sums which are or which become due to Sony Centre from you on any account.
Your Right of Cancellation (Distance Selling Regulation)
- Provided you are a private customer, who orders goods for a purpose that can neither be attributed to your commercial activity nor to any independent professional activity, you have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 14 days after you receive the goods (see below) and provided that Sony Centres has already informed you about your cancellation rights under the Distance Selling Regulation. Such information will be provided together with the order acceptance by your designated Sony Centre (see above).
- Please note that this policy has some limitations. These limitations includes (a) certain product types e.g. perishable goods, custom made products, computer software which has been unsealed or installed by you, audio or video recordings which have been unsealed; or (b) where we have agreed to provide a service to you immediately.
- The cancellation period shall begin, at the earliest, upon the receipt of the above mentioned information, but not before the goods has been delivered to the customer.
- To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give notice to The Sony Centre in text form by hand, post or e-mail, giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. Notification by phone is not sufficient; please note that the cancellation does not have to contain any reasons. The cancellation period shall be deemed observed if the notice of cancellation is dispatched in due time.
- The notice of cancellation shall be addressed to the Sony Centre which supplied the goods. Details on your order confirmation and dispatch advice note.
- In the case of a valid cancellation, the performances received mutually by the parties shall be returned and where applicable, a compensation for the usage made must be returned. Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to the supplying Sony Centre at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the address shown on your included packing note included with your delivery. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit. In the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, we shall after receiving notification either collect the goods from you or ask you to return the goods in accordance with the Sony Centre Web Returns procedure (see below).
- Once you have notified the supplying Sony Centre that you are cancelling the contract, the Sony Centre will refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment method for the goods.
- If you cancel an order within the Cancellation Period, but have already received the product, you must return the product as soon as possible to the supplying Sony Centre and in any event, within 30 days of Delivery. The details of where to return the product are set out in the Sony Centre Online Returns Policy. If the supplying Sony Centre does not receive the product back from you, we may arrange for collection of the product from your delivery address at your cost.
- You do not have the right to cancel the contract if the order is for computer software, which has been unsealed by you, or for consumable goods which, by their nature, cannot be returned, save where a fault is discovered which could not have been discovered otherwise than by unsealing the goods.
- All new goods supplied by the Sony Centres are warranted free from defects. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If new goods develop a defect during warranty period, you should follow the Sony Centre Returns procedure (see below). In the event of a valid claim for a defect in the new goods, the supplying Sony Centre will (at its option) either:
- Replace those goods, if the Sony Centre has available the same goods at the same price;
- Repair those goods;
- Refund or re-credit you the sum you have paid for the relevant goods within 30 days of the date that the relevant goods are returned in accordance with the Sony Centre Returns procedure (see below).
- Return goods to the manufacturer / service agents for repair or replacement
- The warranties do not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with its intended use, failure to follow the Sony instructions or any alteration or repair carried out without prior written approval.
- If the goods supplied to you are damaged in transit, you should notify the supplying Sony Centre in writing via e-mail within 7 working days of receipt of the goods and return the goods in accordance with our returns policy (see Returns below). Once we have verified the fault, we will issue you with (at our discretion) a replacement or full refund via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
- If the goods supplied to you are faulty or incomplete on arrival (whether or not they were damaged in transit), you must notify us within 30 calendar days of receipt of the goods and return the goods to us in accordance with our returns policy (see below). Once we have verified the fault, we will issue you with (at our discretion) a replacement or full refund via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
- All Product specifications, illustrations, drawings, particulars, dimensions, performance data and other information on the site or made available by us are intended to represent no more than a general illustration of the products and do not constitute a warranty or representation by us that the products will conform with the same. You must refer to the manufacturer's specifications or warranty documentation to determine your rights and remedies in this regard.
- You will have the benefit of the manufacturer's, licensor's or supplier's warranty with the products supplied and should refer to the relevant documentation supplied with the product in this regard. (If applicable, a Return Policy may also set out procedures applicable to repairs or replacement of defective products delivered.)
Limitation of Liability
- Sony Centres and all involved fulfilment partners (couriers) shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage in circumstances where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by Sony Centres and all involved fulfilment partners or by its employees or agents;
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
Any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any term of this contract.
- Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Sony Centres and all involved fulfilment partners for death or personal injury caused by intention, negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase products from our website. The importation or exportation of our products may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the import or export of the products you purchase.
- Sony Centres and all involved fulfilment partners (couriers) shall have no liability for loss of profit or for any indirect, special or consequential loss of damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the supply or non-supply of the products (including any delay in supplying the products) or their use or re-sale by you. The entire liability of Sony Centres and all involved fulfilment partners (couriers) arising out of any order for products from you will be limited to the total price of the Products ordered by you.
- NOTHING IN THESE CONDITIONS SHALL BE OR BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR EXCLUDING OUR LIABILITY OR A MANUFACTURER'S, LICENSOR'S OR SONY CENTRES SUPPLIER'S LIABILITY TO YOU, WHERE UNDER MANDATORY LAWS APPLICABLE IN YOUR TERRITORY, SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY CONTRACT.
- THESE CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER LAWS. YOU MAY ASSERT SUCH RIGHTS AT YOUR DISCRETION.
Data Protection & Privacy
- Sony Centres will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you unless Sony Centres are negligent to you.
- Any personal information, which you supply to us, will be kept secure and processed in accordance with applicable privacy law. We will use it to fulfil your order and provide customer care. If you tick the box on the order form we might also use your details to contact you about our products via our newsletter.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
- The language of any dispute resolution procedure or any proceedings will be English.
- The above Conditions shall not apply to the extent that applicable law in your country of residence requires application of another law and/or jurisdiction and/or language and this cannot be excluded by contract.